Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Parenthood

Oh the joys of parenting. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am the Father of two kids. Recently my younger one Kylee, who is almost two, has started copying everything her older brother does. Now this is all well and good except that my son has figured out that she is doing this and so he purposely says things that Mom and Dad don't like him saying. For example....

The other night, while we were eating dinner, my son proceeds to start joking about poop. Well of course Kylee wants in on the fun too so she starts saying it over and over as well. Eventually they could not control their laughter, and mom and dad could not either. It is so hard to be serious with your kids when the things they say and do make you bust a gut. I am convinced that somehow the kids know we are trying not to laugh which in turn encourages them to continue.

Being a parent has taught me a ton! Sometimes I am afraid at what I will learn from them next.

No comments:

Post a Comment